Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ElectroBassFantastic



Last night I was digging through my hard drives and I found some demo mixes from 2005 and 2006. One in particular was intended to be a promo for some clubs in Denver. For whatever reason the mix was never finalized. Figured I better share them before I forget again or the drive craps out. Unfortunately there is no track list but most of the songs are bootleg and white label vinyl. In other words you are going to have a very hard time finding them. In fact I doubt I could even find them and they are in my studio. Yes I said vinyl as in black devilish seductive disks with music on them. The fidelity of the mix was surprisingly impressive. Even when recorded to digital the tracks sound exceptionally analog. FYI this mix is what I like to call actual electro not electro house. This is by no means untsa untsa. Not that there is anything wrong with untsa untsa but I do grow weary 21 year old Ableton DJ kids claiming that they spin electro when its nothing more then house music. This is why when I'm describing electro to people I call it electro electro. Then they are like ahhhhh electro electro. Same thing works with techno. Q: Is this techno music? A: Well yes but its not techno techno.


ElectroBassFantastic

2 comments:

Vinylrichie (VR3K) said...

Nice one. Umpts, Umpts, Umpts!!!!

Deeyay Mamabear said...

WHATS WRONG WITH UNTSA UNTSA??? heee heeee