Tuesday, February 22, 2011

AMALIA :: TOKYO DAWNS FIRST LADY




NEW ALBUM ALERT!!!!!

The lovely and Talented "Amalia" Aka "Tokyo Dawns - First Lady" has a brand new album titled "Art Slave" and I highly recommend you pick this up. The album is all across the board but maintains a futuristic soul sound. There is a heavy 90s feel crossing genres like New Jack, to late 80s & 90s Pop Dance & House sounds. For all you Bass heads, Amalia did not forget about you including the track titled "Zebra Butt-A-Fly" & "Freeze That remix" which is a nod to the futuristic hip hop/dubstep sound. Heavy... You can preview and purchase the album HERE.

AMALIA - Artslave by opolopo

Also Big up Peter "Opolopo" who produced the album. If you have not already heard or picked up his project "Voltage Controlled Feelings" we encourage you to BUY this RIGHT NOW!!!!

Voltage Controlled Feelings by opolopo




On a side note, I recently had 45 minute discussion the other day with Amalia on "Gino Vanelli". This was one of the best conversations I could ever have. Here I am across the pond talking music, "Gino Vanelli" of all artist in the world with Amalia. I must say we connected right away. I also found out Amalia has Bay Area roots with family in Daly City - Small world. We already discussed the idea of doing a show together if she tours to the states. Hold tight - TBA.

Enjoy this free track from the album - I'm a huge of Atjazz and was pleased to find this remix on the album.



AMALIA - ALL THE FUNK I NEED (Atjazz Love soul remix) 2011

No comments: