Sunday, December 6, 2009

Inter-American Dialogue: The Leon Ware - Marcos Valle Connection






CHECK OUT THIS GREAT ARTICLE ALLEN WROTE ON BRAZILIAN ARTIST MARCUS VALLE AND AMERICAN LEON WARE. GET YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON


COURTESY OF MY MAN ALLEN THAYER:


This is what blogs are for. I've been fascinated by the collaboration between Marcos Valle (left) and Leon Ware (below) for years now, ever since I read on Dustygroove that Marcos had written some songs on Leon's "Rockin' You Eternally" album. A deeper look reveals that their collaboration was a two-way street and the songs they wrote together are peppered across several albums of Leon's and Marocs'. Sure, I could try and write a proper article about this phenomenon, but the blog format seems ideally suited for this topic. I recognize that not everyone will be intrigued by this side alley of popular music, but for those who are, I'll dissect this collaboration in depth.

THE STORY AND MUSIC

No comments: