Monday, July 20, 2009

July 09' Mini-Tour



What up Hear The Sounds Bloggers . . . So it's 4:30 am West Coast Time and 7:30 am East Coast Time. I'm here in Queens, New York, New York can't sleep to save my life. So here's some pictures from Saturday 7/18/09 from the first leg of my week long coast to coast mini-tour. First stop was the club Slide in San Francisco (Shout out to DJ David Carvalho of Play Agency). Slide is a really dope club with a slide to get down (or u can use the stairs). I hear it used to be a speakeasy back in the day. So enough with the talk here's some pics from the trip so far . . .

I stepped off the flight & ran into these guys . . . DJ Steve1der & Waldo of Los Angeles



Waldo wanted to get Clam Chowder in a bread bowl so we made our way to the wharf



Waldo went with everything BUT the chowder



I showed up to the club Slide hella early so I chopped it up with the door guy & vip host & operations manager. Sorry but those 10 drink tickets made me forget your names. Very friendly staff!



preparing to blow the roof off . . .



SLIDE was dope! One of the funnest crowds i've played for in a while. Afterwards the SF Hear The Sounds Princess DJ Mama Bear & I went to catch up with the fella's . . .



yeah



we saw like 60 dudes walk in & the fellas walk in so we cut out to drink Tequila & Sunkist (it's not that bad)



by about 5am I had to make my way to the airport . . . On the way we saw this security guard sleeping.



so we woke him up!



Breakfast time !!! Shouts to sparkys for the bomb sausage (pause)



I made it on-time to the airport, tried to get a blood mary but it was tooo early. Oh well Lights out. NYC here I come.




It's summer so check this summer anthem:

CLIPSE ft. Pharrell "I'm Good"

(thanks to Vinylrichie for showin' me this jammy)

4 comments:

Deeyay Mamabear said...

HAHAHAA GOod tymes Nick!!

saboteur said...

sorry beatchips, our con funk shun trip was long and wearing.. as always, next time :) best in nyc!

Beatnick said...

Mama Bear good times indeed, of course Vinyl-Cara I shall return . .

Deeyay Mamabear said...

beatnick pointing to the neon lady "yo I wanna meet that broad" HEEE